A Manifesto for Defending Fragile Reputations in an Age of Instant Scandal
GLASS JAW: A Manifesto for Defending Fragile Reputations in an Age of Instant Scandal, is a manifesto in the vein of Art of War for an age where scandal can destroy a company’s brand and reputation in an instant. In boxing terms, a tough looking fighter who can’t take a punch is said to have a “glass jaw,” and so it is these days with targets of controversy.
In this updated edition, Dezenhall examines the intersection of politics and business and the fallout from the corporate “woke” movement, “cancel culture,” #MeToo, and why some players survive attacks in the town square and others do not. Down the rabbit hole of scandal, the weak are strong and strong are weak. In GLASS JAW, Dezenhall analyzes scandal and demystifies the paper tiger “spin” industry, offering lessons, corrective measures, and counterintuitive insights, such as:
- How there really is no “getting ahead” of a bad story (and other clichés from the media)
- The perils of navigating the Fiasco Vortex
- The art (and transaction) of the public apology
- Why a crisis is not an opportunity
- How to navigate the new “woke” climate in the age of cancel culture
- Why social media is not the solution to a scandal
- What the future of smart crisis management looks like
- Analysis of high profile reputational scandals that have taken place over the past five years, featuring names like Toobin, Baldwin and Trump.
From the boardroom to the parenting messaging board, scandals erupt every day. GLASS JAW explains this changing nature of controversy and offers readers counter punches to best protect themselves.
Release Date, June 21, 2022 – Order the Updated Paperback Version Today
Learn More at: Dezbooks.net